Published on April 23rd, 2013 | by Paddleworld
The P&H Hammer is a radical new kayak that is primed to take ‘play the sea’ and river exploration to a whole new level.
Influences from the P&H Delphin and the Pyranha Fusion and aspects of white-water kayak design feature in the Hammer; giving both sea and white-water paddlers the opportunity to have some serious fun. The Hammer’s dynamically angled planning hull, bow volume and narrowed stern keep it fast and light on a wave and super manoeuvrable around tight rock outcrops and in coastal swell.
Cargo capacity and flat-water speed make the Hammer ideal for self-contained river exploration. A drop-down skeg helps with tracking on flat-water sections and four storage compartments make it easy to haul enough gear for major trips.
The ultimate ocean play boat. A river exploration machine. Rock hopping, source-to-sea trips, surfing, and coastal exploration–the Hammer is versatile enough to do it all.
- Planning hull and progressive rocker: Super manoeuvrable for surfing and rock gardening.
- Subtle keel: Tracks well on the flat, is loose and disengages easily on the surf.
- 2nd Generation Skeg: Improves tracking on the flat, engaging on waves and increases sea faring capabilities – Deck location keeps it out of the way.
- 4 hatches and full deck lines for storing gear & split paddle recesses.
- Flat space on the deck for mounting your favourite media devices.
- Whitewater grab handles and end toggles for increased safety in big water.
Construction & Outfitting:
The single layer, roto-mouldeded whitewater spec shell for impact resistance, abrasion resistance and stiffness, Pyranha Connect specification outfitting forms an integral safety cage combining fully adjustable seat, hull stiffener and safety/buoyancy pillars with full plate footrest, hip pads, thigh grips for a secure connection and performance.
Pre production Specs
Length: 412cm / 13’8’’
Width: 62.5cm / 24.5’’
Volume: 70 gals / 264ltrs
more info go to : www.phseakayaks.com